Are you someone who loves cannabis? Step out of the world of smoking cannabis and try easy edible recipes.
Don’t forget! Beginners often accidentally over-edible. It takes a little longer to feel the kick, but when edibles do kick in you’ll feel it even more intensely! So take a little, not a lot.
The most renowned cannabis edible we all crave is the edible brownie. All you need to do is make the marijuana oil and mix with some brownie blend. (Trader Joe’s and Ghiradelli boxed mixes both work great!)
Pro Tip: You can use this method of mixing cannabis oil into any boxed mix that requires oil — Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bars for example — for delicious seasonal treats! We can’t all be eating brownies everyday now…
The important thing is to make sure your baking mix is one that requires oil.
- Decarb (or activate) your herb by spreading a finely ground eighth across a cookie sheet and bake at 240 degrees Farenheit for 50 minutes.
- Place this in a pan and pour in the measure of oil required by your brownie blend guidelines. Don’t forget to preheat the oven to the temperature on your brownie mix box!
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat for at least thirty minutes. The longer you can wait, the more potent your oil will be.
- Use a metal strainer or cheesecloth to strain the plant matter out of the oil. Any easy approach is to rubberband cheesecloth around a Pyrex or glass container. Leave a little dip in the cheesecloth, like a small bowl, and pour directly from the saucepan.
- Complete the instructions on your brownie mix box, and voila!
For more inspo, keep reading The Best Baking Mixes at Trader Joe’s on The Kitchn.
This one is as simple as it gets. It’s great to keep a load of cannabutter (Recipe 3) or canna oil (even cannabis coconut oil!) around to kick any recipe up a notch.
For edible tea, all you need to do is to blend up some tea as you ordinarily would then mix in a teaspoon of your cannabis infusion.
Sweeten with nectar, honey, and/or milk.
3. Cannabis Butter:
If you have cannabutter on hand, you can make just about any recipe an easy edible recipe. Pop it on waffles, in cookies, even slather it on some toast for the simplest wake ‘n bake recipe of them all!
You can make this on the stovetop, but we enjoy the lazy nature of a crockpot edible recipe:
- The first step in this crockpot cannabutter recipe is to finely grind a quarter ounce of your favorite herb.
- Add 2 cups of hot water to 1 pound of melted butter in the crockpot. Add the weed.
- Turn the crockpot on Low and cover.
- Let heat for 8-24 hours. When the top layer becomes thick and glossy instead of watery, the butter is ready. It’s okay to leave in the crockpot for longer while you head to work or sleep.
- Use a wire mesh strainer or cheesecloth to strain the plant matter from the butter as you pour the mixture into a glass container.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- By the next day the butter should be a solid block. Lift from the remaining liquid and pat with paper towel. Transfer to a jar and you now have cannabutter good for up to 2 months refrigerated!